The 35m long ceramic dragons, which were registered for the Vietnam Book of Records, were moved and set up on West Lake, Hanoi, on January 3 to celebrate the Lunar New Year Festival.
The dragons, made by craftsmen from Bat Trang Ceramic Village, had been displayed at the Bach Thao botanical gardens to mark the 1,000th anniversary of Thang Long-Hanoi.
According to cultural researchers, dragons should be located at solemn places close to water and historical relics and West Lake is the most suitable area.
They will be erected on the water by the Lac Long Quan flower garden and about 12m from the nearest road along the lake. One dragon will be facing north and the other south. They will be put on a ceramic pedestal and will be decorated with a lighting system and a fountain.
The dragons were made from 6,000 plates and 4,000 glasses, with special enamel to resemble the legendary dragons under the Ly Dynasty. They measure 15m in length (35m with their curves), 8.2m in height (including pedestal) and 0.9m across, and weigh over 60 tonnes.
Hoi An resorts
Hotels in Nha Trang
Phan Thiet hotels
Phu Quoc island
Halong bay tours
Cheap Vietnam Visa
Bien bao giao thong
Xem các bài viết khác:
- Tour thái lan trọn gói 6.900.000 vnd - call 0932...
- Đà Nẵng -Sơn Trà - Ngũ Hành Sơn - Hội An - Huế - Phong...
- Toàn Quốc Địa chỉ mua đặc sản Huế uy tin tại Hà Nội, Huế, Giao...
- Tour Du Lịch Biển 2011: Hà Nội - Biển Thiên cầm(04...
- Toàn Quốc Khách Sạn The Cliff Resort Phan Thiet - ivivu.com
- Toàn Quốc vé máy bay vietjet tết 2014
- Toàn Quốc Khám phá chuyến du lịch Halong Tours 1 ngày giá rẻ
- TP.HCM Tour du lịch Campuchia giá rẻ nhất 2013 trọn gói...
- Tour giá rẻ: Hà Nội - Biển Thiên Cầm - Suối Khoáng...
- Vé máy bay giá rẻ Hà Nội - Chicago, vé máy bay Ha...